8:30 AM – 5:00 PM | Melbourne Office, Level 3/63 Exhibition Street, VIC 3000, AU Map.
Join Barhead solutions for Flow in a Day (FIAD), a 1-day hands-on workshop which will introduce you to Microsoft Flow – a tool that allows you to turn repetitive tasks into automated workflows, create connections between your favourite apps and services, get notifications, collect data and more.
At the end of the day, attendees will understand how to:
- Design and build Flows for automation, approvals and notifications
- Build Business Process Flows to guide users through the steps and stages of a business process
- Use Flow components, patterns and controls
- Govern ownership and sharing of Flows
- Debug and resolve errors in Flows
The last 2 hours of the day are run as a Hackathon, where participants can choose from a variety of themes and challenges to put their new skills to the test, with the support of the instructor.
This course is perfect for business or IT users wanting to learn about how to extend, connect and automate with the Microsoft Power Platform.
Introduction to Microsoft Flow
Introduction to Business Process Flows
- Lab 1: Building a time tracking Flow
- Lab 2: Approvals (Part 1) – Travel Approval
- Lab 3: Flow notifications and conditions
- Lab 4: Flow control, variables, expressions
- Lab 5: Dynamically add a person’s manager as an approver (Approvals Part 2)
- Lab 6: Task overdue
- Lab 7: (Advanced) implementing the Flow controller pattern
Theme 1: Timeout approval and escalation
Theme 2: Team bots – Request Teams channels
Theme 3: Hot Dog, Not Hot Dog
Theme 4: Twitter Sentiment Analysis
Theme 5: Intelligent Customer Service
Subscribe to our Power Platform newsletter and get emails and event invites related to PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, Power BI, Dynamics 365 or other Microsoft technologies.
Note: Please bring your own laptop. Places for this training are in high demand and we have a long waiting list. We will be confirming your seat but if for any reason you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible (prior to the day of the event) so that we can allocate your place to someone else, and put you on the waiting list for future App in a Day sessions.