A bit about us
Barhead Solutions is a Microsoft top 1%, Inner Circle Gold partner with a large portfolio of Enterprise clients. Our collaborative client engagement model centred on business outcomes enables us to deliver the most innovative use of technology.
As a leading Microsoft Business Applications Partner, we cover the diverse product offerings from Microsoft from Office 365, Dynamics 365, Azure and the broader ecosystem anchored around a business solution to support our clients to transform their systems and processes.
We are a niche boutique, award-winning organisation that believes in working as a team in collaboration with our clients. We believe that it is a combination of people, technology, and practical business outcomes that underpin the most successful implementations.
To learn more, visit barhead.com
- Opportunity to set up an Azure practice and drive customer cloud adoption with our Enterprise customers.
- Take the next step into a strategic role, developing your expertise in cloud infrastructure.
Barhead seeks to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. With the growing implementation of cloud computing at a global level, Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative, and flexible cloud platform today.
About the job
The Azure Cloud Solution Architect is at the forefront of our Microsoft Cloud efforts for our enterprise customers. In this customer facing role, you will be the critical interface between the technical teams and provide innovative Azure Data solutions for our customers and support them through their adoption of the platform. It covers a range of pre-sales and delivery activities.
We are looking for you to have experience leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
This is not a typical Architect role in that it combines both technical leadership with the customer advocacy and solution design to deliver a unique, hybrid, opportunity. You will be the critical interface between the technical teams and provide innovative Azure Data solutions for customers and support them through their adoption of the platform.
It covers a range of pre-sales and delivery activities.
What you will be doing
Your specific responsibilities will include:
Sales Support – Lead pre-sales and scoping engagements to produce customer proposals for Azure and Data solutions.
Delivery – Perform project delivery activities, including strategy, project initiation, and definition phases and driving successful outcomes for projects.
Practice – Support the Power Platform and Data practice team activities to grow the team’s capabilities and assets.
- Be able to provide technical direction and lead groups of architects and technicians to address cloud-related requirements for customers.
- Architect and design cloud solutions to meet functional and non-functional requirements.
- Create and review cloud architecture and solution design artifacts.
- Be capable of leading a customer and their team from an on-prem situation to a cloud-based solution.
- Enforce adherence to cloud architectural standards/principles and governance, data security and governance standards, etc.
- Be data literate and have a bias towards cloud-based data solutions (data engineering, analytics workloads, ML/AI).
- Review as-built configurations completed during the build phase and provide guidance to technical teams.
What you need to bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalency (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline) or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10+ years overall IT industry experience
- Minimum of 3+ years in a solution architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS platforms
- Minimum of 5 years leading teams.
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using Azure IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS capabilities.
- Experience with: O365, Azure, Azure Stack, Azure AD, Azure Data Technologies.
- Experience with authentication (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, and RBAC.
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.